Effective Date: June 9, 2023
This Notice does not create or form part of any contract for employment or otherwise.
For the purposes of this policy, the terms “personal data” or “personal information” mean any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information. Personal information collected from candidates may include, but is not limited to, names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, Social Security Numbers (SSN) or Tax Identification Numbers (TIN), driver’s license or state identification card numbers, passport number, assets, net worth, income, bank and/or brokerage account information, occupation, etc. “Processing” means any use that is made of personal information, including collecting, storing, amending, disclosing or destroying it.
If you have questions about this Notice, please contact Harris’ Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information we collect about candidates
2.1. Categories of personal information
Below are categories of personal information we may collect and process during the application and recruitment process.
- Contact information, such as your name, work and home address, telephone number, and email address;
- Biographical information, such as name, gender, marital status, date of birth, professional history, language proficiencies, professional qualifications, references, education details, information in your company biography, social media profiles and activity, and your photo;
- Information from job application materials or recruiters, such as your job application, resume or CV, cover letter, writing samples, references, work history, education transcripts, whether you are subject to prior employer obligations, and information that references provide about you;
- Immigration status and other information that would allow us to verify your employment eligibility;
- Professional qualifications, such as licenses, permits, memberships, and certifications;
- Information from the application process, such as any phone-screens, interviews, evaluations and outcomes of recruiting exercises;
- Job preferences, such as desired position and compensation, location preferences and willingness to relocate;
- Employment history, such as your prior employers, how long you worked with each of your prior employers, and your prior positions;
- Background check information, such as information necessary to complete background, credit, drug/alcohol and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks;
- Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
In certain cases, we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal and/or credit records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
2.2. Sources of personal information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your public social media profiles or other publicly available sources;
- Other Company personnel.
3. How we use personal information about candidates
3.1. Purposes for which we use personal information
We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
- Recruitment management. Managing recruitment generally, such as:
- operating the Careers site we maintain at or any other site to which this Notice is posted;
- recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates;
- conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
- analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- communicating with you regarding your candidacy, opportunities with the Company or about the Careers site and any changes to applicable terms or policies; and
- other business operations.
- Compliance, safety and protection, such as:
- complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as tax, audit, recordkeeping, reporting, verifying identity and eligibility to work, and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures; and
- disclosing information to government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes.
- Analytics. Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes.
3.2. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the purposes described above.
- Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems and technology.
- Company service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards, recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), and recruitment analytics.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and protection section above.
- Business transfers. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors who require your information in the course of providing their services.
- Customers and business partners. Customers, other companies and individuals with whom the Company does business or is exploring a business relationship.
- Other parties not listed above but that are identified at or before the point at which we collect your personal information along with the purposes for which the information will be disclosed.
4. Other information about this Notice
4.1. Third parties
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Our links to third party websites or services are not endorsements.
4.2. Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. The “Effective Date” heading at the top of this Notice indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised notice on our Careers site.
The Careers site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
5. Your obligations
Among other obligations, including without limitation the obligation to provide complete and accurate information in recruiting documents and processes, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit to the Company does not violate any third party’s rights.
You should keep your personal information on file with the Company up to date and inform us of any significant changes to it.